Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tri Training

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things with training for Tri's. I'm finding it to be very hard due to the snow in Colorado.

Last week I managed to get in my first outdoor run since August. Can I just say that I loathe running indoors (but do it when I feel like I have to) and I am not hardcore at all. I realize I should suck it up and so go running outside, but it's freezing cold. There's ice on the ground and it's dark in the morning.

I keep setting my alarm for 5 a.m. and I decided it's too dark outside so I got back to sleep. #lackingmotivation

I've stepped it up in Spin classes, since it's hard to ride a bike through the snow. I'm going to be picking up events for Douglas County School District and the venue is about five miles from my house, a very hilly five miles. I'll start riding my bike to do that and that's a good place to start.

As for swimming, I keep telling myself I'll go, but I don't. I'm working on it. I'm committing to you (or more myself) that I will get in two swims by the end of the week. I'm not looking forward to outdoor swims.

There's a gym not far from me that has a tune up indoor Tri and I think I'll go aim for starting my season there.

On the bright side, I'm carving out time to make fitness a major priority. I've spending a lot of time in fitness classes or circuit training at the gym. I'm going between Turbo Kick, Yoga, Spin and Body Pump. I'm about to start going to bootcamp. Jen and I have great intentions but bootcamp is hard, and at 5 a.m.! We've promised ourselves three weeks of it before we decide we hate it. The times we've been we've felt like Lindsay (the instructor) is a tyrant and it is torture that early.

I'm contemplating blogging about it, casually. I might start a new blog about my fitness, to keep myself motivated and accountable. We shall see.

For now, I feel great. I'm eating healthier than I ever have an I can't wait to start competing again.


No comments: