Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love, Love, Love

Happy Valentine's Day!

May our days be filled with the love of those around us. May our hearts be filled with gratitude. May we express our love for the important people in our live.

I've been thinking about love today. At the moment there is no "significant other" in my life, although my life is filled with significant people. But that doesn't mean that I have no one to share my love with, and that there aren't many people who share their love with me.

Tonight a small group with gather at my apartment and we'll make some delicious treats. But the treats aren't for us. Once they are completed we'll be delivering the treat to our friends who live nearby. I'm so excited to surprise people with treats.

But thinking about sharing love with people around me today has got me thinking about how important it is to share this love every day. To be a bit kinder, loving and forgiving. To jump at the opportunity to provide service and to do this all simply because you care, and not for any recognition.

I am not perfect at this, but I know I can be better. And, I don't expect myself to suddenly become perfect, but I can expect myself to be a little better and to be more loving.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I want my life to stand as a witness of the love of out Savior.

I want people to feel His love through me, and His compassion in my counsel and actions. It's a lofty pursuit, which is not entirely attainable because He is perfect and I am imperfect and flawed, but I can be better. I can love more and I can strive to see people the way the Savior does.

No comments: