Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Love a Walkoff

I was having an argument with some of my friends who went to the Rockies on Tuesday. They left the game in the seventh inning and I may have lectured them for a long time about not leaving a game early, especially when your seats are as good as theirs were.

I went to the game with Dustin and Devon last night and we stayed for the whole thing and boy was it a great thing we did.

Below is the text from our e-mail conversation today and please disregard any spelling or punctuation errors, I feel like I shouldn't change anything (excpect I did remove their e-mail addresses):


Ok good because I really didn’t want to stop being friends.


From: Rebecca Reil
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:13 AM
To: Jessica Okey; Hilary Smith; Jillian Williams
Subject: RE:

Jill I am totally just kidding. I am just giving you a hard time because I know it is a touchy subject for you (and others though he has major freakouts instead). I would absolutely disregard precious sleep for an intense 9th inning.

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Jillian Williams wrote:


From: Jillian Williams
Subject: RE:
To: "Rebecca Reil" , "Jessica Okey", "Hilary Smith"
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 9:10 AM

Bex (as I have decided that is the best way to spell it because Bex rhymes with Dex), you and I are no longer friends.

xoxo


From: Rebecca Reil
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:06 AM
To: Jessica Okey ; Hilary Smith; Jillian Williams
Subject: RE:

I did not understand a single thing your wrote Jill. If I could choose between a ninth inning in baseball and precious sleep. I choose precious sleep.

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Jillian Williams wrote:


From: Jillian Williams
Subject: RE:
To: "Rebecca Reil" , " Jessica Okey " , "Hilary Smith"
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 9:03 AM

Speaking of leaving the game early – let’s chat for a minute about why you don’t leave the game early.

In the eighth inning the Rockies were up by two runs, it seemed like they had the game in the bag, with two outs they only needed four outs without giving up two runs. But there was a runner on and a single brought the Mets within one run.

I was hoping for some insurance runs to put some distance between the Rockies and the Mets, but alas – everyone choked.

In the top of the ninth a lead off single put one runner on. A throwing error from Ianetta allowed the runner to advance to third when he was stealing second – then a sac fly tied the game.

The game went into extra innings – it was exciting.

Then Ianetta made up for his throwing error with a solo walkoff home run to win the game.

That is why you never leave the game early.


From: Rebecca Reil [mailto:]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:56 AM
To: Jessica Okey ; Hilary Smith; Jillian Williams
Subject: Re:

You should have just left the game early and this would have never happened. haha

I took a nap from 5:30 to 7 woke up and ate, but the food didn't sit well with me. That combined with my laziness this week and there was no way I was going to the gym or leaving for that matter. I tried to go back to sleep, but because my tummy was feeling a little weird I didn't fall asleep until 1. that's cool. Gym today definitely.

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Jillian Williams wrote:


From: Jillian Williams
Subject:
To: " Jessica Okey " , , "Hilary Smith"
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 8:37 AM

I am so unbelievably tired right now. I don’t know why I make such stupid decisions.

I did not have time to make any food this morning so I stopped at the gas station by my house (I knew I was desperate for caffeine), one of the guys inside looked me up and down and had a look on his face that said “you poor thing, you must have had a rough night.”

Diet Pepsi and a pop tart – breakfast of champions

1 comment:

dawn said...

Silly girls . . . baseball is life!!