Thursday, April 9, 2009

Remembering Nick

Click Here For More Information About Nick Adenhart's Playing Career and the Fatal Accident

Last year I had the wonderful opportunity of getting to know Nick Adenhart. The tragic news that greeted me on the way to work was very unexpected and rendered me speechless. My heart goes out to Nick's family, friends and teammates.

I've struggled with processing the news surrounding this talented young man the entire day. It is hard to take it all in.

After finally displaying his ability to be a Major League starting pitcher last night against the Oakland A's, tragedy strikes. He had a great amount of talent, I loved to watch him throw live or in a bullpen. His easy delivery looked almost effortless and his pitches had a lot of life to them. I never doubted that he would establish himself with a great presence in the Big Leagues.

He struggled after his first Major League call up last year, but he worked hard to get back to the dominate pitcher he was.

I have many memories of Nick during his time in Salt Lake City. I'm glad to have known him.

I am interested to see the effect this will have on the Angles' clubhouse. I was privileged to work with the Angels organization and it will have a special place in my heart forever. My heart goes out to them as they deal with the personal loss of a very special person and they deal with losing their top prospect.

1 comment:

dawn said...

Very nice tribute Jillian. It's such a sad event . . . I'm glad you got to know him . . .