Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Rolling Stone

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the decisions I have made lately, decisions I never would have made over a year ago.

I’ve now dramatically changed my hair color twice in the last month. I’ve decided to participate in a triathlon, I’ve moved, I’ve been spontaneous. I’ve made more time for my family in my everyday life. I’ve stopped saying yes to things that I want to say no to. I’ve been surprisingly rational with my own problems and I have been able to help people do the same thing.

Over the past year in my life I have made a lot of changes, I’ve embraced growing up. The girl who was terrified of her birthdays and has cried on every birthday since her 18th…. It’s a shock.

Because of some unfortunate circumstances, I have spent the last year really getting to know myself and striving to be comfortable with who I am, and the person I am becoming.

As difficult and painful as the beginning of my journey was, I’m grateful for the way it has shaped me and my life.

Joseph Smith once said, “I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else.”

I firmly believe that if we allow our lives to be changed, they will. You don’t need to travel to the ends of the world in search for forgiveness, for love or for balance (although I would not mind the travel), you simply need to ask and then be willing to endure to find the light at the end of the tunnel.


I fell in love with this song and wanted to share.


No comments: