Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sporting World Update

School is literally consuming my life right now. There are so many things that I want to write about but I'll just give a little bit of attention to everything for you.

Brooke and I decorated her Christmas tree tonight. I love the holiday season!

Baseball America came out with its top prospects. I was a little surprised that Nick Adenhart was named the Angel's Angel's No. 1 prospect. Of the top-10 prospect, seven were pitchers which is a little unexpected. Kevin Jepsen ranked in at No. 7. It will be interesting to see what happens at winter meetings this year.

Also I had a random dream about Nick, it was strange. That is two prospect dreams within three weeks. Weird.

I'm not sure if the Angels will get all, or any, of the free agents they offered arbitration to. I'm hoping for Mark Teixeira but I'm not going to be all the surprised if He signs with a team with a lot more money like the Red Sox. I've heard that Jason Varitek will return to the Red Sox, so I don't know if they will sign Teixeira.

The 2009 Hall of Fame ballot was released. The voting will take place on Jan. 12. I'm excited to see who will make it in this year. Tommy John will be on the ballot for his final year (you get 15 years on the ballot). I'm not expecting him to make it, I just think it's interesting.
Check out this article on John and this one for the Hall of Fame voting information.

Plaxico Buress shot himself in the leg. Ha Ha Ha. Really? Seriously?

Following his arrest for weapons charges he was suspended by the NFL for four games and the Giants placed him on the non-football injury list, which means he can't return for the rest of the season.

The Broncos looked really good against the Jets. What I can't figure out is why they can perform so well in New York but choke in Denver against the Raiders. Honestly.

I'm heading into the playoff for my Fantasy League in first place. I used to think fantasy sports were a waste of time but, now I kinda like them. I'm kinda good at it.

Well this is all for now. I must go back to writing about Nike's marketing campaigns and the More Good Foundation.

Here's to only 10 more days of school left!!!!!

No comments: