Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Faith

So I'm going to stray from my traditional posting style and take a moment to talk about faith.

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, my faith is an important aspect of my daily life, but I don't want to talk about my faith as a member of LDS Church. I am going to take some time to talk about faith in general. Faith beyond a denomination, faith beyond doctrine, and talk about faith that transcends everything.

I grew up attending non-denominational churches with my family and faith was a big part of our lives. But it has grown to be a part of every decision I make and every move I make.

Our Heavenly Father truly wants us to be happy and like a gardener he has crafted our lives and is helping us grow to reach our full potential.

My personal faith may be very different than yours. You may believe in Allah, Science or a Holy Trinity, but I feel that any type of faith can help people rise from the ashes of life to aspire to greatness.

I was shopping for Jenna's Christmas present I saw a sign that said "Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that He will."

My faith is not even close to perfect. I falter and I rarely find it possible to trust completely to take that first step into the darkness, but every time that I have I have been blessed immensely.
When I think of faith I like to think of the story in the bible when Peter desires to walk on water to the Savior and as he steps out onto the water and focuses on Christ he is able to walk, but when he is distracted by the tempest storm around him he struggles and falls.

Are we at all different from Peter? I don't think so. The water is comparable to the world we live on and when we focus our lives on Christ (or the center of our faith) we can accomplish anything we desire, but when we take our focus off Christ, we fall.

But be not dismayed, because who is there to save Peter????

1 comment:

dawn said...

Wonderful . . . . and I totally know what you feel . . .