Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Could Tell From the Minute I Woke Up...

Hello World,

Please forgive me for not updating my blog for over an entire month. I've been trying to decide what direction to take this thing, and as I was deciding I got really distracted by this evil little thing called school.

Here is a brief update:

I have one semester of school left.

I'm applying to a number of internship programs for my first post-graduation year, I won't really know if I am leaving this little Provo town until I just before I leave.

If I don't get accepted, I'll stay with BYU Athletic Communications for another year, yeah more time in Provo but hey -- it's a job. Maybe I'll be back with the Bees too.

Anyway, I don't have much time so I will just leave you with a quick reminder of my excitement over David Price, the man's a stud. He can't help that he is just that talented. The Phillies may have won the world series, but everyone will remember the Rays of 2008.

Matt Holliday is to become a member of the Oakland A's. Smart move for the Rockies? I think so. They can get some pitching out of the deal and they move the all-star while they acquire something from him. I'll always be a Holliday fan. Do you think it was right?

I'm waiting for the Angels to sign Mark Teixeira. I think it would be the best free agent sign of their off-season. They exercised options on Valddy and Lackey, but they are still fitting the pieces together. It looks like they won't sign Garland, opening the fifth starter role to one of my boys out of Triple-A, I'm hoping they keep Loux in the bullpen and the starter spot goes to one of the Nick's (Adenhart or Green). It would be cool for Ortega, but I'm rooting for Salt'n peppa.

BYU is no longer a BCS buster, but what I think all the fans are forgetting is that Bronco is trying to establish a foundation for the program to return to greatness. This is only his fourth year as head coach and BYU is 9-1 right now. Stop complaining, because next year when the team is amazing y'all be back on the bandwagon.

1 comment:

Natalie and Tyler said...

Amen to the BYU thing... and holy cow you sound like you write about sports for a living.. oh wait you do. Ha ha. Love you!