Friday, June 1, 2012

Loving Yourself Day Two

Be Kind.

This is what I've been thinking about today. I stayed up late last night, but I was having a great time. Normally I'd be a little bit mad at myself. Consequently I woke up 30 minutes later than I intended, usually I'd be mad at myself.

Today I was a bit more forgiving.

I hear myself talking to my friends about the way they speak about their bodies or personalities. I feel so sad when I hear how hard they are on themselves, and how they choose to say incredibly damaging things about themselves. They would never say those things to me. They are forgiving of my weaknesses and shortcomings, and shouldn't we be just as kind and forgiving of ourselves.

Hi. My name is Jillian and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters anyone????

I assure you I can be a lot easier on myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with high expectations, but I need to recognize my own limitations.

No comments: