Friday, April 13, 2012

A Quote

...feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where we're holding back. they teach us to lean in when we feel we'd rather collapse and back away. they're like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we're stuck. this very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it's with us wherever we are.

--Pema Chodron

Sometimes I am hard on myself. I sense, what I would call, character flaws and feel shame for the feelings Pema describes here.  I should be a little bit easier on myself. I'm a rolling stone, and slowly but surely those rough edges will fade. The process is beautiful. I'm going to strive to be a bit more forgiving of my weaknesses, and see them as opportunities for growth.

No comments: