Thursday, October 13, 2011

Powder Keg of Emotion


I’m a walking bundle of emotions. So many emotions are swimming through my body.

I once went to a communication training course and the instructor said that we have a bucket of emotions in our body that we have to release every so often otherwise our emotions will overflow and we won’t be able to control the release of these emotions. Learn how to let some emotional water out of our buckets is what she was teaching… apparently that’ll help us communicate (Which I agree with at times, but we are emotional beings and sometimes we need to convey our emotions… off topic).

Today my emotional bucket tipped over because of the sudden emotional downpour inside of me. Too much is going on right now. Too much for me to handle all at once, and the result is an emotional wreck.

If left to my own thoughts for too long, I begin to cry.

If left to read the words of others for too long, I begin to cry.

If talking, I begin to cry.

If listening, I begin to cry.

Let’s just sum it all up by saying that there has been a lot of crying.

Tears of sorrow, worry, guilt, joy, peace, humility, gratitude… you  name, I’m feeling it.

Gosh, I hope this passes soon.

1 comment:

dawn said...

Love you, Angel . . . we'll get through this. It's a lot all at once.