Friday, May 6, 2011

25 Years

I am officially 25 years old. It is 12:13 a.m. as I write this and since I was born in Mountain Standard Time, I think it is safe to say I am 25.

Not to be all dramatic (but let's be honest, it's me we're talking about here) but turning 25 seems surreal. I feel like I should have my life together and I should have more things figured out... but alas, I feel like I'm play pretend while everyone else has fully entered adulthood.

Here are my reflections on turning 25:

1. I have watched more than the average person's lifetime worth of baseball game. I hope that the amount of time I've spent watching baseball only increases with age.

2. My biggest accomplishment is the assortment of clothes, shoes and handbags I've collected through the years. When I think of all the money that went into that wardrobe it makes me cringe.

3. Ok, so that isn't my biggest accomplishment, but I don't feel like my blog is the appropriate outlet for a list of my accomplishments.

4. The most important things are the relationships with my family and friends. Looking back the best decisions I have made are the decisions where I have put my loved ones first.

5. When my first instinct is to get defensive, it usually means that I am in the wrong.

6. I never, ever, want to have my job/career define me.

7. I think character is be revealed in the way that someone treats his or her immediate family, as well as random strangers.

8. It always pays off to carry a safety pin.

9. Cleanliness is next to godliness (if only I could master that).

10. Flowers are therapeutic.

11. It pays to take time to be silly and to care for your creativity.

12. Babies are great.

13. No matter how old I feel at 25 I can find solace in the fact that my brothers are older.

That is all I've got for now. A random list of what is going through my mind. Please take the fact that it is now 12:24 a.m. into account when you read this.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy birthday, beautiful daughter!!!