Thursday, September 2, 2010

Independence

I feel guilty.


At one point in time this blog was completely dedicated to my love of sports and my outlet for writing about collegiate, professional and high school athletics. It’s sort of morphed into a “this is what’s on my mind today and I hope all 15 people who read this like it” kind of blog.


So, I feel the need to comment on BYU’s independence. And in case you live in a non-sportscenter world, BYU announced that it would leave the Mountain West Conference following the 2010-2011 year and go solo. Meaning the non-football sports will join the WCC and Football will remain independent (I’m still not sure what is going to happen to softball and track…)

Google it and you’ll learn all the details.

Here’s what I care to share about this:

  1. I am looking forward to some friendly competition with my family members (ahem, Justin and Eddie) when BYU goes head-to-head with the Fighting Irish six times in eight years.
  2. Holy ESPN!
  3. I miss press conferences, I miss writing, I miss knowing stuff before it becomes public knowledge and dealing with nosey media members.

Side note: I’m worried about suffering through October, I only remember how to live in Rocktober and unless there are some major offensive changes on the road I’ll be in October.

No comments: