Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yoga

I’ve been doing a lot of yoga lately. I love it.


Despite contorting my body into some of the most uncomfortable positions, I always feel strong and grounded after I do Yoga.


Last week someone asked me why I enjoyed doing yoga so much and I’ve been thinking about it all week.


I love how much focus it requires to remain balanced, and I love taking a pose a bit further and achieving a new level.


I love how self-aware I am after an hour of yoga. The teachers are bound to say something ridiculous and occasionally I’ve had to work with my “third eye” and I really have no idea why I want to center my hands through it, but they also have a lot to say about your place in the world and the importance of owning your position in the world.

Y’all know how much I’ve been obsessing over Eat, Pray, Love, so I wanted to share this with you:


"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."


- Elizabeth Gilbert